Summer is here, and it can be a great time of year to sell your home. The weather is warmer, evenings are longer and lighter, leaving people feeling in a more upbeat mood. Gardens are in full bloom and your house is looking its best. But, it’s also the time of year when most people are looking forward to taking a holiday in the sunshine. But what does this mean if you’re selling your property?
Don’t let a planned holiday put you off listing your property on the market. There are several options you have to make sure you don’t miss out on any offers.
Leave it to us
As your instructed agents we’ll be more than happy to show potential buyers around your property while you’re away. If you let us know when you’ll be away we can take charge when it comes to viewings. You’ll want to be kept in the loop so while we don’t want to intrude on your lazing on the beach we can drop you and email or text message to keep you up to speed – especially if you have any offers or requests for second viewings.
Ask a friend
If you would prefer to have a delegate there when viewings take place then you can always ask a friend or family member to step in for you. Always let your agent know that this is the case so that they can contact this person and leave you to enjoy your break.
Checklist before you jet off:
- Ensure your home is clean and tidy
- Clear the clutter away
- Empty the bins. You don’t want a stench from rotting food when you have viewings
- If you have windows that allow a vent position then it’s worth considering leaving them locked in this position while you’re away to allow a little fresh air to circulate. But make sure they are safe as you don’t want any break-ins.
- Make sure your agent has your spare key and give them instructions on how to correctly lock up to ensure your home is as safe and secure as possible.
- Leave comment cards or notes about objects or places of interest for your agent or friend who will be taking the viewings. You know your home best and it’s handy to give them pointers on things that could help sell your property
Have a break
If you’re only away for a short amount of time or are uncomfortable leaving a spare key with your agent, then take the break. It’s best to still inform your agent of the dates when you’ll be away so that they can let potential buyers know it’s not possible to view your property when they get in touch. And even though you won’t be having any viewers through the door it’s best to still consider the kerb appeal of your property as house hunters may still drive by to check out the area. Therefore, ensure that any grass is cut and bushes are trimmed. If the exterior needs a lick of paint, try to squeeze that in before you go away.
If you are looking to put your property on the market why not register with Alexander Taylors? We are always taking on new properties so give us a ring on 01324 811 233 or email firstname.lastname@example.org we’d love to talk to you about your selling options.